Some Issues discussed in the meeting:
1) North Eastern Region has immense tourism potential. If the problems which stand on its way get saught NOrth East can emerge as a most saught destination in India.
2) Both Domestic and International Travellers should be focused.
3) Accommodation Problem should be resolved by opening number of Dharamshalas, one room accommodation, low cost/low budget hotels, accommodation near sanctuaries and rivers.
4) North East can benefit by promoting Eco Tourism, Adventure Tourism, Heritage Tourism and Religious Tourism.
5) The Ministry Of Tourism is promoting " Paradise Unexplored" as the brand for North East tourism. They would now foucus on "ALERT INDEPENDENT TRAVELLER".
6) The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned Rs 25 crores for destination development and Rs 50 crores on circuit development.
7) Presently, North East India behold 2 World Heritage Sites ( Kaziranga and Manas) and would want inclusion of more spots in the list.
8) Sikkim would create Buddhist circuit by including Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet.
9) " Lonely Planet" has given adverse publicity on the region and therefore the LONELY PLANET EDITOR would be asked to reprint and dissimenate information that only few pockerts in the region are under problematic conditions. States like Sikkim, Mizoram, Meghalaya and most Arunachal Pradesh is completely peaceful.
10) ITDC offered to organize LTC tours for Government employees.
1) Ministry of DoNER/NEC would sponsor North East promotional films (cultural and touristic) aimed and school childeren and college students. SPICMACAY would be requested to screen these in universities.
2) NEC/Ministry of DoNER would organize tourism promotional event at Bangkok jointly with Ministry of Tourism and Embassy of India at Bangkok after THai Commerce Minsitrys visit to North East in June 2007.
3) State Government would be identifying State Tourism Circuits and Share details with other ministeries of Home Affair, Tourism, DoNER and NEC.
4) Ambika Soni, Union Minister Of Tourism, have announced to open One Institute of Hotel Management in each state of NER that do not have any such institutions. Assam and Megahalya already have one IHM.